Sunday, July 5, 2009

Angels and Lavender

The manuscript I’m currently searching for a home for is, (The Angel) Jude: a teen novel about seventeen year-old Jude who, after losing his girlfriend, Martha, decides to commit suicide. But each time he tries to take his own life, he ends up saving someone else's. Jude is guided on his journey by a divine Golden Retriever, helped by angels and tempted by demons while the powers of good and evil fight for his immortal soul. It’s Teen Angst on a supernatural level.
Aside from the (The Angel) Jude, I’ve also done a rewrite of my screenplay, Lavender; for which I signed a short-term option agreement with 3 Legged Dog Films and Ed Gass-Donnelly. His previous film This Beautiful City was nominated for 4 Genie Awards. I am looking forward to working with, and learning from, Ed.
It’s early going and while I feeling very positive, I’m not a chicken counter. I do believe that faith can move mountains, but have learned that it’s best done under cover of night while the sceptics are sleeping; there’s a lot of them about and they don’t sleep soundly.
So all I’ll say is that Ed had some really good ideas for the rewrite and I hope he likes what I’ve done, and after ten years of trying, I would really like to see this puppy made. And, since it’s a supernatural/psychological thriller, I hope it scares the bejesus out people. Perhaps leaving them permanently scared—like all my favourites did to me. :)

Copyright © Colin Frizzell 2009. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment