Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I am thankful for so many things.

I have been given so many things to be thankful for. The moon, stars, grass and trees, the heat of the summer sun and a cool winter breeze, the sounds of spring and the colours of autumn. The ability to read, listen to music, smell the glorious scents coming from the kitchen, taste the food that's to follow, feel the warmth of a hug; all the sensations my five senses give me to take in the wonders of life.

I am thankful to all that came before and those who are still with me, who opened my eyes and reminded me of the gifts of gratitude and the grace of appreciation. May I find the strength to keep those gifts with me, reminding myself that while I can’t end the world’s suffering, I can face it and not add to it: I can choose to live in joy. While, keeping the fire in my heart that gives me the strength to stand up for what I believe while respecting the beliefs of others - or at least to always be trying. I am thankful for the gift of freewill.

I can only do a little. I am thankful for that also.

“We can do no great things. Just small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment