Monday, November 16, 2009

Racist slogans were sprayed on a Holocaust War Memorial

"Racist slogans were sprayed on a Holocaust War Memorial." - Calgary Sun

I overheard on Canada AM this morning that it's the third act of anti-Semitic vandalism in Canada this year.

I believe I have said it before, that it's only a matter of time before the anti-religious sentiment in this country turns from God to His followers. Believing that it can't happen here is usually the first step toward it happening here. And it seems to have already started.

If you want your own rights to be protected, and respected, you must protect and respect the rights of others; whether you agree with them or not.

"In Germany they first came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me —
and by that time no one was left to speak up." - Pastor Martin Niemöller

No comments:

Post a Comment