Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thanks for the Visit . . .

The clock by the bed read 3:38 when I awoke from dreaming of, Zsu Zsu. It’s said that 3 am is the soul’s midnight, and between 3 and 4 is when the veil between this world and the next is at its thinnest. It was comforting to think, my late calico cat’s spirit had come to me. Buddha, as I understand it, believed animals, if good, could be reincarnated as humans. Perhaps, Buddha had it backwards. If I can learn honesty in every motion, loyalty, to love unconditionally, to live in harmony with nature and communicate without words, then I’ll come back as an animal. Then, one day, a plant; drinking the rain, feeding off sunshine, digging my toes into the soil, my only job: to grow. Finally, I will be air, earth, rain and sunshine; continuously giving, never dying, not burdened with thought because there are no secrets left to be unveiled. My only pain, empathy for those caught in the struggle.
Thanks for the visit, Zsu Zsu.

No comments:

Post a Comment