Monday, April 20, 2009

Killin' Time

I found my first book Killing Time, in a drawer by the computer. It turns out that it was actually entitled Killin'Time.
I got 34/40 on it, but lost 3 marks because it was late. It was 57 pages in length, which is shorter than I remember, but pretty good at 13 years-old, I'd say. The teacher actually had some very positive comments, much better then I remember. But considering I haven't looked at it since grade eight, and was still remembering it through those eyes, well, I'll forgive myself.
I haven't read Killin' Time again, yet, to see just how valid the criticisms are but I suppose that cuts the irony with Chill down to one. Chill, btw, wasn't based on that teacher; or any one particular teacher or person. And it isn't about bad teachers, but bullies and how they come in all forms, shapes and sizes. And they can hold any position in society. They are the Pharisees and Scribes that that try to crush the creative spirit and shut up the gates of heaven to us all!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment